Thursday, August 20, 2009

The TV Tour Part 1

I'm a TV addict. Ok, there I've said it. I need my fix of favorite shows daily (dvd's make this habit easy!) and sometimes I have it on to listen to while I work. So it was a lot of fun touring around New York and seeing how many TV related places we could find.


The Ed Sullivan Theatre where David Letterman does the Late Show. He had the week off while we were there, but honestly it was so hot, I don't think we would've waited in line to see the show tape live


The famous Hello Deli. Just around the corner from the theatre. If you watch Letterman regularly, you've seen Hello Deli and it's owner included in many skits and pranks.


Here's Rupert Jee himself. He was nice enough to pose for a photo. We only bought 2 bottles of water.


I've always had the Today Show on in the mornings, but it was just chance that we decided to do the "top of the rock" early in the morning to beat the crowds. We stopped in at Dean and Deluca for coffee and breakfast and watched the crowds trying to get on the Today Show. Al Roker, you were so close and yet so far!.

After seeing Manhattan from the top of the Rockefeller Center (well worth the trip to the top) we went in to the NBC store to check out the goods. My son bought himself a Dunder Mifflin hat and I had my picture taken with Matt Lauer (The cardboard cut out).