Friday, February 20, 2009

A Cat's Life

Ahhhh sunshine!!

Let me sleep

Worshipping the faucet God

Can somebody clean this up!

The mother ship has arrived!!

I've been neglectful of my blog lately. There's just so much to be done around here, I'm finding it hard to keep up. Actually, I haven't been wanting to write much these days. I've been enjoying the solitude of my studio, working while everyone is out for the day. Sometimes I have music playing while I paint, sometimes it's quiet. So quiet I can hear one of the cats breathing as they lay sleeping in the window on the heater. I've been working on many paintings at once. I've got canvases scattered throughout our apartment. I've also started work on Roxanne's altered book, Earth Tones. A box full of paper scraps already painted, dried leaves, bits and pieces of found treasures, all waiting to be included. I'll be posting a sneak peek of pages finished by next week, so stay tuned for that. The weekend will be spent doing the usual "weekendy" things. Shopping, housework, and organizing the studio (again). Stocking up on art supplies and photographing some large finished paintings. I hope your weekend is enjoyable, whatever you have planned.