Friday, December 12, 2008

Madness

No, I'm not angry or going crazy or anything! I titled this Madness because I'm listening to Madness right now. Remember-Our House. From the 80's??? I've been listening to 80's music while painting today. Sometimes it just puts me in the mood. Yes, my studio has been a mad house (see, my title does fit!) I'm in planning stages for a new series of paintings as well as finishing up 3 custom orders, and I have everything everywhere again. I will be re organizing my studio and workspace over the holidays. I've also got to get our place cleaned up and "Christmassy" for friends and family that will be visiting. It does not look very festive yet. The little tree is up but looking rather empty. I think a few new decorations are in order. I've got white sparkley lights strung up over my work table so that looks nice especially as it's been getting dark here about 4pm. The weekend will be the usual around here shopping, laundry, cleaning, etc. Actually, Holly over at decor8 has a wonderful post today about her mood board and has inspired me to re-do mine. I'll squeeze some time out for myself to do that and post photos here. What have you got planned for the weekend?

I did the above little painting in my workshop a few weeks ago. Just a fun little piece I titled Desparate Housewife. Available in my shop. Please note that holiday purchases should be made by Monday December 15th to ensure delivery for the holidays.