Thursday, November 27, 2008

Work in Progress

To all my friends celebrating Thanksgiving, Enjoy!! Enjoy your family and friends and food.

I've been busy in the studio finishing up paintings and making deliveries. There are two events happening next week that I'm a part of and I'll post about them shortly. I mentioned earlier that I've been doing something really creative for the past two Saturdays. Well I've been attending a collage workshop at C1 Art Space here in Toronto. The class is being taught by Sandra Tarantino. A wonderful artist who has a show going on right now (ends Nov. 29th) at XeXE Gallery. We've been working mostly with photo transfer techniques and this Saturday we are doing a little bit of encaustic. The class has been a great experience and it has been a nice change working with other people around doing the same work. Ive been enjoying it so much that I've even been considering teaching workshops myself in some capacity.

A special thank you to the bloggers that have mentioned my etsy shop and have referenced paintings in their posts. It's wonderful getting to meet so many new friends here and I'm starting to feel that I can actually do this blogging thing!! And thanks to those of you that have emailed me with special orders and commissions. I am painting away and they will be done in time for Christmas. That's it for now-I've got to get back to my easel!!!