Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Work at Art Interiors


I delivered six new paintings to Art Interiors last week. They are a wonderful gallery here in Toronto and have been providing beautiful, wonderful art to decorators and art collectors for over ten years now. Their philosophy is that everyone should be able to own an affordable piece of art. I highly agree with this and especially to "buy what you love". It's one thing to buy a piece of art as an investment but if you are buying a painting for your home or office and you are going to be looking at it everyday, it should definitely be a painting that brings you joy and "speaks" to you.

Lisa Diamond Katz and Shira Wood came upon my booth at the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition in 2003 and asked me to bring some paintings into the gallery. Good fortune on my part as my work is carried by such a well respected and well known gallery. Not to mention the publicity that my work has received-this is bonus! My work has appeared in Style at Home magazine and the 2008 Benjamin Moore colour brochure-Tranquil House. My paintings have also appeared on numerous occasions on the television program Cityline with Marilyn Dennis with guests designers Kimberley Seldon and Brian Gluckstein.

If you're thinking of buying some original art for yourself or as a gift, check out Art Interiors. They even have a wedding registry. Pretty awsome, I don't know of any other galleries that provide this service. An original piece of art makes a great gift. Perfect for weddings, birthdays, Mothers Day, Fathers Day or "just because". Wouldn't you love to receive a beautiful piece of art?? Let's face it, who really needs more bath salts or chachkas!!!