Sunday, February 3, 2008

Carpe Diem


Carpe Diem is a phrase that has been of interest to me for the past few months. I like the way it sounds when you say it. I like the way it looks when written. I especially like its meaning. Carpe Diem. Sieze the Day! Last November, while wandering through the CBC building during the "Moose Show" I discovered the jewellery of Liz Kain and instantly fell in love with her work. Now, those of you that know me well, know that I don't wear alot of jewellery. Diamonds certainly are not this girls best friend. Stirling silver (no shine please) is what I prefer. Liz's collections are wonderful. I especially like her animals and text pieces. I commissioned Liz to create a "carpe diem" bracelet for me. Isn't it beautiful?? I wear it every day and it inspires me to sieze the day. Thanks again Liz.