Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Left My Heart in San Francisco.

Another Canadian Thanksgiving has past. Ours was very quiet this year, just the three of us, and we broke with tradition as it was so hot and sunny. A BBQ on the balcony and we enjoyed what would probably be the last really nice weekend of the season. I also enjoyed going through the almost 800 photos I took of our west coast vacation. 

I really did leave my heart in San Francisco and I want to go back. Soon. Three days is not enough time to explore that beautiful city.


We stayed at the Fairmont Hotel in Nob Hill and were given a corner suite on the 17th floor. The views of the city were spectacular.


Here we can see Coit Tower on top of Telegraph Hill. Our view was just shy of Alcatraz which is off to the left.



A barge heading out very early in the morning. It took a few days for me to really switch over to west coast time.


I love that sign for the Huntington Hotel. Too bad the window was dirty. It was so foggy one evening and most of the next day that these buildings weren't visible.


The view was even more exciting at night. Luckily we had one night where there was no fog at all and we could see all the shimmering lights.


We rented a car for this vacation and it was great to drive around and explore all the different neighborhoods. It was also a little crazy driving those steep hills (and walking them too!)

So it's a little hard to stay focused in the studio these days. My mind keeps wandering back to that fabulous city. More photos and bits of my trip coming soon.