Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thirty. A Retrospective.

Distant Storm
36x48 Acrylic on canvas
$2500.

Evening Glow
40x40 Acrylic on Canvas
$2300.

Autumn Lake
48x60x2
$4000.

Thirty of my paintings will be hanging in the offices of Odgers Berndston Toronto, for three months. Thirty-A Retrospective, curated by Donald Brackett is a collection of landscapes, abstracted landscapes and pure abstract. Although I've titled this show a retrospective in that it is a collection of paintings completed over the past five years, I've chosen to include three large abstracts which I just completed this month. Honestly, I'm varnishing them this week so yes, they are very fresh off the easel.

This show is also different than any art fair or gallery show that I've participated in the past in that it's 'by appointment only'. The paintings are displayed throughout the offices along with the permanent collection so it must be done this way. Not a problem though, as I'll have new postcards made with my contact information available there for people to take with them, and those interested in seeing the show can just email me to arrange a viewing. I'm happy to answer any purchasing inquiries you may have. I'll also be posting images here on my blog.

Donald Brackett is a Toronto based art critic and educator who teaches an integrated culture course at OCAD, exploring the history, issues, theory and practice of art, design, and architecture.