Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Unfocused.

Today has gotten away from me. It was my intention after I finished my second cup of coffee this morning to get right into the studio (which is exactly 2 1/2 ft. from my living room) to finish up a few projects. Perhaps it's the heat and humidity, but focusing on one particular thing is impossible for me today. 

I started this little painting just for fun. To warm up for the bigger painting that was meant to be finished today. I got this far and here it sits on my work table.


Unfinished

Hah, hardly even started.

I moved on to a different painting that was started last week. I put it up on the easel and there it sat. I starred at it for a short time until I was drawn to the nine little mixed media pieces also on the table waiting to be finished. I spread them out and there they still are.

Uninspired 

I thought it best not to look at my to do list and see the eight items, not one of them crossed out with a red line. Instead emails, twitter, facebook, blogs, videos (might as well watch other artists paint)

Unfocused 

Note to self-this too shall pass. All creative types go through mind fog and dry spells. It comes with the territory. There is just so much that you want to do that you're overwhelmed. Relax. Breathe. Trust in yourself.