Monday, November 22, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays.

"Allure" Acrylic on canvas 20x16
Available at Arts on King.

Life has been a whirlwind here in my studio. I've been finishing orders and delivering them, starting on commissioned pieces that I should have started long ago, and making trips to the art store to stock up on supplies. I feel I'm being pulled in all directions these days with paint flying everywhere. Literally. Last night our big black cat Nami knocked over a bag of paints, big plastic jars just purchased, and there was black paint everywhere. I'm still finding tiny spots of black paint today about 6 feet from where they crashed.

Arts on King has a selection of 8 new paintings. Florals and new Birches. These new paintings are darker and a bit more dramatic-fitting to the season. There are also 10 small (6x6) new paintings of my "Birds on a Wire" series at Arts on Queen. Ready for Holiday shopping.

I did manage to take a much needed morning off last week and saw the members preview of the new Maharaja exhibit at the Art Gallery of Ontario. It is beautiful. Such Opulence!! And when I go to the AGO I always linger awhile on the second floor with the Group of Seven's paintings. It's so quiet and relaxing to sit and view some of my favorite landscapes.

Today has been so dark and rainy I haven't been able to paint. At least I'm getting a lot of other things accomplished and have started planning 4 new large paintings. Whatever you're up to this week, have a great one. :-)