Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chance of Showers


Chance of Showers 20x24 Acrylic on Canvas
Available at Art Interiors


Well here we are, December third and it does not feel like it at all. At least not here in Toronto. November was beautiful and it was the first November that we didn't receive snow in a very long time. We have been getting our share of rain which I don't mind at all as I'm not a big fan of the white stuff. OK, I do enjoy it in December and it's always nice to have a white Christmas but for me, that's it.

Yesterday I met up with Sherry and we went to the Distillery to enjoy the coffee at Balzac's and to catch up with things in person. As we walked through the Distillery and enjoyed the decorations and the smell of fresh evergreens the sun was shining bright and it was reminiscent of a spring day.

The next few weeks will be a flurry of activity with openings to attend, dinners and lunches with friends and family and all that goes along with this time of year. I'm trying to schedule regular time in the studio and yes, new paintings are definitely coming along. I've also been planning ahead and there will be some exciting changes coming up in the new year. For now, I'll close with a little link love. Bella Rennie has some wonderful Holiday Cards in the shop and is offering free shipping for the month. Gabriela Delworth has a few copies of her book Paper Head Dresses available in her shop. The 16th Annual Festival of Smalls continues at Art Interiors.