Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Pulse The State of the Art and Secret Sunday


If you're a regular reader of my blog then you know that I've been involved in a number of "out of the Box" venues this year. As well as my gallery work, I've been delving into mixed media quite a bit. I've been working with Inner Works on an altered books collaborative which is now winding down and we are each to receive our own books back. My book "Gifts from the Sea" will have pages altered by very talented Seth, Jill, Supria, Roxanne, and Veronica. It's through Inner Works that I got to know Seth, although I was well aware of his blog and his involvement with all things mixed media for quite awhile. So when I heard that Seth was working on the fourth edition of the Pulse - The State of the Art, I jumped right in and wanted to be a part of this online resource.

The Pulse - The State of the Art is a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. This fourth edition has over 200 artists participating. Stay tuned for The Pulse coming soon to The Altered Page. In edition to The Pulse, Seth has created Secret Sunday on his blog the Altered Page. Every Sunday your favorite artists will reveal a secret technique, a secret product, a secret source, a little known website, a hidden shop, an inspiration, just about anything. Bravo to Seth for organizing such a large number of creatives in this event. I'm really looking forward to reading what all the participating artists have to say.