Monday, April 6, 2009

Road Series




Road Series No. 5
acrylic on canvas
$150.

I've been fascinated with roads for quite sometime now. I always have my camera handy especially when we go on road trips. I get tons of inspiration this way. I snapped the twp photos above on our recent trip to Florida. It was very early in the morning and quite foggy as we drove from the west coast to the east. I think these will be inspiration for new smaller works. I've mentioned before that I'll be updating my shop very soon with new work. I've been working on some small "daily paintings". There are some wonderful daily painters out in blogland (check out Michael Naples' blog) and I've been inspired to do my own. I'll be releasing new daily paintings in my shop very soon, so please stay tuned. Road Series No. 5 is how our roads looked this morning here in Toronto. One last little blast of snow before we can enjoy spring again.