Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Magazine Junkie





I'm addicted to magazines!!! I'm the first one to admit that I'm a magazine junkie. This is quite evident by the piles and stacks of magazines that can be found throughout our place. I just can't get enough of them. Above is a shot of what I'm reading right now. OOPS! I just realized that Oprah and Martha aren't in the shot. Of course they're included!!

I like all kinds of magazines not just the art or crafting and scrapbooking mags. I especially like the home decor mags with Style at Home and Canadian House and Home as my favorites (if I really had to choose!). It's really very exciting for me when I open up a magazine and there's one of my paintings hanging in a beautifully designed room. Sometimes my paintings are lent out as props for photo shoots. This is wonderful publicity for me as my name (or gallery name) is mentioned and in most cases the client purchases the painting. Above are 2 examples. My painting "Spring Birches" in Style at Home, October 2007 and "First Snow" in Canadian House and Home, February 2006. You can see more on my media page right here.