Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Busy, Busy and Loving Every Minute.




I can hardly believe that just three months ago I was thinking that I'd have a very slow summer (artwise) with nothing much to do but work on some small pieces for my online shop, blog and just enjoy the laziness of the hot and humid days. Boy was I wrong!! I have been going non stop since April, painting and preparing for four shows, keeping up the shop, and trying to post on here more than once or twice a week.

The Leonardo Group show "Out of the Green" is in full swing and goes until August 16th. This past Sunday was a "driving" day and we made the trip out to Bayfield Ontario to drop off my paintings for Marten Arts, which starts this Saturday. The drive was beautiful even with the rain and I took lots of photos for a new series. More on that later. I'm just finishing up the last two paintings for Arts on King and have been asked to work on a commissioned piece as well. After I'm done with that, then I can start on my three 12x12 paintings that I'm putting into The Square Foot Show at Awol. I've got my freshly brewed Starbucks and some great music to keep me going.

Erik (my 16 year old) made up a playlist of music he's listening to these days. Love his playlists!!! Just the right combination of fast and slow to keep me standing at the easel for hours. What am I listening to these days?? Coldplay, The Verve, Radiohead, Beck, some downtempo lounge on Shoutcast Radio, a little Disco (yes Disco!) and of course my friend Jann Arden. How's that for an eclectic mix!!

The above painting "Quiet Drive Home" 36x48 will be at Arts on King. You know I love a good road trip!!