Thursday, May 22, 2008

Star Spotting on Queen W.



Of all the days NOT to have my camera with me!!!! I had just left Visual Arts Ontario on Queen St. W. and was waiting at the streetcar stop when what loveable duo from HGTV's Home Heist just happened to be filming??? Colin and Justin of course. They were there in all their glory with camera pointing at them. They were right in the middle of shooting and I couldn't hear what they were saying. I got on the streetcar when it came cursing to myself for leaving the house this morning without camera-never again.

I love to watch the design shows on HGTV. I think that if I wasn't an artist, I'd definitely be an interior designer. I have been lucky to have my paintings used as backdrop on set, or purchased for the owner by designers. They have been featured in shows such as Design Inc. and Sarah's House with Sarah Richardson, Designer Guys, and Great Home Giveaway just to name a few.

Cityline with Marilyn Denis, especially Home Day Thursdays would have to be my all time favorite. I never miss an episode. My paintings have been featured on various house tours. The above painting Stormwatch 36"x60" was purchased by the owner of a beautiful home featured in "Beaches Luxury PartOne" a house tour with designer Eric McClelland. My work has also appeared in Family Living and Dining Room with Samantha Farjo, Benjamin Moore Tranquil House with Sharon Grech, and Small Space Condo with Kimberley Seldon. All these house tours can be viewed here.