Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Old Masters Painting Class Update.

Here are a few photo's of the studio where I'm taking the old masters oil painting class. The second class was all drawing.


We had to go back to basic drawing skills (drawing 101) and refresh ourselves with perspective and measuring.


Here is the still life that we are working with. It's quite traditional, draped cloth, a silver vase, and a few pieces of fruit in a wicker basket. That basket is quite old and cracked and definitely a challenge to draw.


What I've done so far. Considering that I don't usually draw in this manner and my last official drawing class was some 30 years ago (yes, that's brutally honest!) I think it's quite good. Next time, we'll be finishing up the drawings and learning how to transfer them onto the canvas. Stay tuned.