Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Week as Art.


I'm thrilled to have my mixed media work featured on Create Mixed Media this week. Thanks so much for this opportunity Tonia, Major gratitude here.


Here are the final pieces each representing a day of this week.


 Each piece was assembled, photographed and then disassembled.


I used an assortment of materials. Original background papers, magazine pages, tracing paper, photo transfer.


 Ephemera, stones, original painting on canvas and cut up scraps, acrylic paints, gesso, and markers.


It would've been easy to superimpose numbers onto images of paintings that I had already completed,


but I wanted to challenge myself, have some fun and come up with something new. I created seven little temporary assemblages.

Whether you are accomplished or just starting on your artistic journey Create Mixed media has something to offer you.

Have a great week.