Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Urban Inspirations


Hot Summer Night
Acrylic on Canvas 18x18

I've been going back and forth for the past few months painting urban inspired landscapes and then landscapes. City then country then back to city again. My recent trip to New York has inspired a whole new series of urban landscapes and now I'm busy going through plenty of photographs and making preliminary sketches and small paintings. I'll be part of a group show this fall with Artists Toronto in the Distillery and will be showing these new urban landscapes. Details to come soon. I was surprised and delighted to read Gabriela's blog today as she featured a mixed media painting I did for her. We both love New York so much and in looking at her photos of New York, I was inspired by the Brooklyn Bridge. Thanks for the press Gabriela! Now it's back to the studio for an afternoon of painting.