Thursday, November 13, 2014

Birches and Birds on Wires.

Birches, Birds, & Wires is a collection of my paintings hanging at Arts on Queen for the month of November. I worked right up until the last minute for this show and a few paintings were varnished and wired for hanging at the very last hour. It's so exciting to see them in the gallery, patiently waiting to be purchased and off to their new homes.


 In the window

 Pigeons and birds on wires in the gallery

 A selection of my abstracted birches.

 Canadian Beauty
30x40 acrylic on canvas
$2000.

 Urban Still Life
12x36 acrylic on canvas
$750.

 Standing Tall
36x60 acrylic on canvas
Sold. Thank you.

Upward Reaching
36x60 acrylic on canvas
$3000.

A Gorgeous Day
16" round acrylic on canvas
$350.

'A Gorgeous Day' is a 16 inch round, acrylic on canvas painting. It was inspired after I went to see the Alex Colville exhibit at the AGO. Shown here on my easel.

 Portrait No.1-6
6x6 acrylic on canvas/board
$175. each

Pigeons are about as urban a bird can get. You either love them or hate them. I've always been fascinated by them and thought they'd be fun to paint. Painted in acrylic on canvas and board. I custom framed them in black wood frames to keep with the urban feel. They can be purchased separately but would make a nice display with two or three grouped together.


 Urban Landscape No. 1
6x6 acrylic on board
$175. framed

Urban Landscape No. 2
6x6 acrylic on canvas/board
$175. framed

I also included a selection of  'birds on wires' that I've custom framed in distressed silver frames. I think the soft, silver distressed tones of the frames work well with the blues and grays in the painting.