Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year. A New Beginning.


Fearlessness
Photo credit: rolereboot.org

Time. Time is on my mind on this 2nd day of 2014. I really enjoy this time. It's as if the world outside my studio window is in limbo. It's much quieter out there than it usually is. Many are still off from work and the school across the street is closed. But things are not in limbo on this side of the window. There is a whirlwind of activity as I'm in major planning mode and mapping out the new year.

Organizing supplies (yes again) A little obsessive compulsive maybe? No, I just like to organize my paints by color and canvases by size. An artist's life. Always thinking. Soaking up every bit of inspiration that I seem to find everywhere these days. Sleepless nights. Mind abuzz. Imagining, planning what it will look like once it spills from my minds eye onto the canvas.

Change. Changes are happening. Looking forward. New experiences. New friends. New paintings. New venues. New website and blog. New clients. I love the beginning of a new year (for that matter the beginning of every new day). I do not have a 'word' for 2014, and made no resolutions either. I'm jumping into this year with positivity, optimism, fearlessness and big dreams. Care to join me?