Friday, January 18, 2013

When Creativity and Coffee Collide.

This morning I had the pleasure of finally meeting up with an artist I've admired for quite some time. I've always had an interest in fashion illustration (remember this post?) so when I discovered her work I immediately loved it. 

Andrea Stajan-Ferkul will be exhibiting at the Toronto Artist Project in just a few weeks, so I'm grateful that she took time out from her busy schedule to meet me for a coffee and some 'shoptalk' 


Andrea comes from a background of graphic design and fashion illustration which translates beautifully onto her fine art canvases. I can envision her paintings of high end fashion and accessories adorning the walls of boutiques, spas, contemporary condos/lofts and homes. In fact, I'm almost sure Carrie Bradshaw would have one hanging in her New York brownstone.


Please visit Andrea's website to see the full extent of her talent. She also has a Facebook page here.