Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Starting Work on a Commission Today.

"Assembly" 24x30 Acrylic on canvas.

I've started working on a large commission this week. I'm working with Deborah Levin and her designer on 2 paintings in my continuing birds on a wire series. Just working on sketches and colors right now but I'll post the finished paintings after my client has them in her home.

Deborah is working very closely with her designer and they are doing the room with my artwork as a starting point. This is quite an honor as usually artwork is chosen in the final stages of a project. I've been asked to use colors that will match the wallpaper and other elements in the cozy home. Some artists are horrified at this "matching the art to the drapes" but I welcome it.

The above painting "Assembly" was completed not long after we moved downtown this summer and is heading to Koyman Gallery this weekend along with new cityscapes.