Thursday, March 4, 2010

Style at Home Day on Cityline.

This past Tuesday, I was so very fortunate to attend a taping of Cityline. Not only did I finally get to meet Kimberley Seldon in person but she included two of my small paintings in her design segment on "toile".

I arrived with my work to the studio just as the BT gang was finishing up Breakfast Television. I met Kimberley and after chatting for a bit, I showed her the paintings and she told me what she would say about them in her segment. I also got to meet some of her entourage from Style at Home magazine. We all entered the studio and the set up was fast and furious. Brett Walther and Samantha Pynn were also getting their props ready for the show. The set came together very quickly with so many hands pitching in putting it together.

Host Tracy Moore was fun as she warmed up the audience. She was asking who had watched the Bachelor the night before, and chatted about where people were from. Some had come from very far away to see the live taping.

Here Kimberley is chatting with an audience member. She had a design question with photos, that was to be answered during the show.

It was quite the experience. Not only did Kimberley show and describe my work beautifully, but one of my Birch Series paintings was on the pre recorded house tour by Style at Home design editor Ann Marie Favot. "Birch Series IV" (available at Art Interiors) is also in the April issue of Style at Home magazine. Tons and tons of gratitude here! And thanks again Kimberley for a fantastic morning. The episode airs next Tuesday March 9th. If you watch, you might spot me in the audience.

Edited March 9. The episode aired today at 9am EST. and my painting did not appear in AnneMarie Favot's house tour. I guess as I was seated way up in the back row of the audience, and the monitor was quite far from me, I thought I spotted it but I was wrong. Drat, I guess this means I do need glasses!! LOL.