Monday, February 22, 2010

Back to Reality

Just returned from 10 days down in Florida. Yes it was cool but the sun shone brightly throughout. It was a much needed trip for all. I took the opportunity to have a real break from all things tech, as I didn't dare use my new iphone due to exorbitant roaming fees. I did get a chance to check emails in the evening, but after the second day, unless it was something urgent, I let it wait.

It was wonderful to have time to just sit and "be" and listen to the waves hitting the shore and the distant cry of sea birds.

So now I'm back and ready to get going in the studio. As usual, I took lots of photos as inspiration for new landscape paintings.


For now I'm remembering, the smell of the salt in the air, the feel of sand between my toes, the taste of margaritas enjoyed, and I'm sharing a few photos. My gifts from the sea.