Monday, April 13, 2009

Emerging

Emerging, mixed media on canvas, 18x18

Hi, Happy Monday. Did you have a great weekend? We were in Montreal over the weekend visiting family and enjoying the city. I'll have to squeeze in a few extra workouts this week to make up for all the good food and cakes and chocolates consumed over the past few days.

I like going away for the weekend. It's just the right length of time for me. When I return then I see everything I've left here in the studio with fresh eyes and I'm eager to get back to it. If I'm gone for a longer length of time, I find it sometimes hard to get back into the swing of things. It's easy for me to get stuck in vacation mode.

So I'm back at the studio today preparing for upcoming shows. Emerging (above) is one of my newest paintings that I'm sharing for the first time. This is how I'm trending these days, it's all about texture and earth colors. I've titled it "Emerging" because even though I've been doing this for quite a few years now, I still feel like I'm emerging as an artist. I think an emerging artist is 1-5 years out of art school, or in the early stages of an art career. Technically, I'd be called a mid career artist. I guess I still consider myself emerging because I feel that I'm always learning and growing and changing. I'd love to stay and chat but I've got a to do list for today as long as my favorite brush so I better get back to it. Enjoy your day.